For card holder’s protection
- Your card is not valid unless it is signed by you
- Your card cannot be used at an ATM or bank teller for any banking transaction. It can only be used at in-store electronic terminals in the Republic of South Africa, where MasterCard is accepted
- Safeguard your card.
- After every purchase, make sure you get your card back
- Destroy your card as soon as it expires or no longer need it
- Stop your card if you lose it or it is stolen
- Your card will have an expiry date printed on the front of it and is valid until the last day of the month shown, unless your card is closed.
- Only the person whose signature is on the card will be able to use it.
- Sign your card in ink as soon as you receive it in the space provided on the back of the card.
- Your card can only be used in the Republic of South Africa
- Your card must be cut in half after the expiry date.
- You will not be sent any correspondence.
- You are responsible for the safety of your card. Should your card be damaged, lost or copied, we will not be liable.
- Your card may be reloaded, provided that the balance available on your card never exceeds the sum of R25,000 (twenty five thousand rand) at any given time.
- The card has a maximum load limit of R25,000 at a time and the monthly load limit may not exceed R25,000 (subject to points being available to redeem).
- You may use your card to pay for goods and services at suppliers who accept the card. You will not be able to use the card to purchase goods or services over the telephone or Internet, pay toll fees or parking garages.
- When you use your card, we will process the transaction against your available card balance. You will be able to shop at as many merchants as you wish up to the value on your card.
- All transactions will be authorised by us against funds in your card.
- We are not responsible for any loss arising from any failure, malfunction of electronic facilities or delay in point of sale device or our supporting or shared networks, where applicable, resulting from circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- Once you have paid for a purchase, you cannot stop payment of the transaction.
- You are responsible for keeping track of the transactions on your card to ensure that you do not exceed your card balance.
Closing the card
- Your card will be closed when it expires.
Lost or stolen cards
- You will be responsible for all payments made with the card before you stopped the card.
When you receive your card you agree to these terms and conditions. It is important to read and understand them before you use your card.
When you receive your card, whether as the original purchaser or receiving it as a beneficiary thereafter, by signing on the back of the card you become the holder thereof. By signing the card you agree to these terms and conditions and then become the cardholder for purposes of transacting (buying goods) with your card.